July 29, 2010

"Hamburger" Cupcakes

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


It's no surprise that chocolate cupcakes are my go-to dessert for any occasion. But when I asked to bring some to a BBQ this past weekend, I wanted to make them a little bit more special than the usual. After a couple quick searches on the internet I came across an easy and ridiculously cute idea.


These look like they may have taken hours, what with all the little details, but you'll be surprised how quickly these come together. Weather you're grilling burgers outside or just enjoying these last weeks of summer, these "hamburgers" cupcakes will be a show stopper anywhere!


"Hamburger" Cupcakes
1 batch of chocolate cupcakes (recipe here, or  boxed version works)
1 box of 'Nilla Wafers (I preffered the size of the generic store brand)
1 pack of Keebler Grasshopper cookies (or any round chocolate cookie)
1/2 cup shredded coconut, tinted with green food dye
red frosting

Bake cupcakes per recipe.While cupcakes are cooling assemble your "hamburgers": vanilla wafers as buns, chocolate grasshoppers as burger patties, coconut as lettuce and red frosting as ketchup. Use a dab of frosting between cookies to hold it all together. After each "hamburger" is assembled, brush with the tops with juice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.After cupcakes have cooled and you've frosted as desired, top with "hamburgers".

10 comments:

  1. mashallah that was a beautiful idea you cam up with, I'd attempt doing it inshallah if I could find the things that make up the burgers..
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mashaAllah that is really cute lol

    at first I thought they were those gummy hamburger things, and I was like WHERE did you find halal gummy hamburgers!?! :-P

    the cookies are a good fix though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look very impressive and hard to assemble, but thanks for your tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MoonSmile: thanks sis! If you can't find the exact cookies, just take a look and see if you find anything similiar.

    UmalMujahid: silly! :)

    NeverEver: I've never seen halal versions of those gummy ones either!

    CC: they weren't hard at all....just look like it;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow mashallah love it!! totally making it for our next bbq.. after ramadan inshallah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, mashallah!!! You really ARE creativeeee! Loll. =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samar: did you ever get around to making these? They're super easy!

    Muslimah93: wish I could take credit for the idea, but I found it online ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I love this masha'Allah!! I adore creative treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Nourhan! They were surprisingly easy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!