August 29, 2009

Ramadan Cooking

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

How has Ramadan cooking been going for you all? Hard, easy? Everything turning out over salted or under seasoned?

One of the best Ramadan cooking tips I can give you is to take full advantage of your week off (you know, when Aunt Flow makes a visit) and cook up a storm. I know some people get started before Ramadan starts but I have never been that organized. Rather, I find it easier when I don't have to worry about getting dinner ready until much later than usual and can take my time cooking double batches of that nights meal. By the time your cycle is done, you should have a week's worth of leftovers to rotate through the month.

Also, leftovers pile up fast this month. Since it takes very little to feel full once you break your fast and there is not mid-day meal, take advantage of revamping leftovers into new meals (examples to come soon, insha'allah).

1 comment:

  1. It's been Ramadan cooking for one while travelling between two cities with a toddler and starting a new job! (yeah, it's me!) So, not much to contribute that would be useful to your readers.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!